Australian Transgender Support Association Queensland Inc.  

Registering a Change of Name

In the state of Queensland you can legally change your name as long as you are not doing so for criminal purposes such as committing fraud.

The Queensland Justice Department can only change the name of people born:

* in Queensland
* overseas who have resided in Queensland for the past 12 months.

If you were born in Australia, but outside Queensland, you can download the correct application form through their links.

Registering a Reassignment of sex

If you have undergone sexual reassignment surgery and your birth or adoption was registered in Queensland, you can apply to have your new sex noted on your birth or adoption registration. You must be 18 years or older and not married at the time of your application.


Home :: Objectives:: News :: Medical :: Links :: Contact

© Copyright 2008-2016 ATSAQ